2011/04/10

Winter break is over!




There has been a quite a long break since I posted my last painting. I blame the winter. I mean, who gets inspired by the coldness and darkness. No me. From now on there will be new paintings more often. I actually have many of them in the production line waiting to be finished.

This one started out with the intention of making something with just black, white and grey. As you can see the result is not very black and white. The grey balls were in a way inspired by the big earthquake in Japan. I saw on TV how an oil refinery was blazing with an uncontrollable fire. The refinery had these huge ball shaped storage tanks. The fire depatments trucks looked miniature compared to the oil tanks.
You see the unbelievable pictures of that blaze from this link.

Link for a video

The painting is called "The Meeting at the Spheres" (40cm X 40cm).

No comments:

Post a Comment